Summer 2022 information will be available in February of 2022.
Guided Learning Operatic Workship (GLOW)
Nightingale Opera Theatre is thrilled to announce GLOW
Our Guided Learning Operatic Workshop is a unique program for High School students, which offers opportunities for young singers, pianists and composers.
Students selected to participate in our GLOW program will be given the following opportunities:
- Coachings and classes in classical vocal music and opera.
- Perform or compose contemporary American opera in English.
- Meet and learn from composer Jake Heggie! You can check him out at jakeheggie.com. His opera Dead Man Walking will be performed at the Metropolitan Opera during the upcoming season!
- Attend or perform in masterclasses and lectures taught by faculty from leading Conservatories and Universities in the U.S.
- Perform in the chorus or work behind the scenes of the opera If I Were You, composed by Jake Heggie. The opera debuted last summer with the Merola Program through San Francisco Opera and we perform it next! (That’s kind of a big deal!)
- You will also learn from observing the work of top-notch Young Artists who are completing or have completed college degrees in music.
How to apply:
Fill out the application and include a recording of a performance of one song selection from the classical repertoire. All languages are accepted.
The application will have a place that you can attach a file or web/youtube link for your recording.
Due date: High School students have a revolving application due date with a priority date of April 15.
Program dates: June 22 - July 11
Program tuition: $500
Scholarship opportunities are available for WRA Students through both a request for consideration as well as a performance audition.